Smart Village, Lig Township, Mini Bussiness Hub
The Focus – To aware & organize home & Job to at one location, to as many people’s at each city / nearby , To save wastage of working hours, just for travelling / reduce load on
Infrastructure. Thus – SAVE MOTHER NATURE. To increase productive human working hours for self employment = Boost Local production / Economy. Example – Bhiwandi / Ulhasnagar , etc. developed by public over 30/40 years. MMRDA plans – Business hub / Economic Growth centre on Multi model corridor at MMR. Till date – No Economic / Business hub for LIG throughout INDIA. The Govt. initiative – Remodel the SEZ into Economic & Employment Enclave ( 3Es )
The Govt. initiative – Remodel the SEZ into Economic & Employment Enclave (3Es)
The Reason (Part 1)
- In Mumbai 2018, Approx. 45% / 70 lacs people lives in slums, Compared to 20 lacs in 1995.
- Within Mumbai there are 18 – 20 lacs slum houses of size approx 10 x 12 sq ft .
- Peoples are living under inhuman conditions.
- After 30 years of MMR, peoples not ready to move, due to lack of employment.
- The increase of slums has impact on public amenities / garden / road, etc.
- The present cost of the such slum room is above 15 + lacs.
- Critics / many have started calling it Slumbai of India.
The Govt. Role (Part 2)
- Approx 15 lacs application for home received by Mhada till 2018.
- CM promises to provide 1 lac homes per year.
- Mhada speed of home construction – 5000 homes / annual.
- Approx 10 – 15 lacs ineligible Slum dwellers (Apatra ) looking for cheaper homes.
- PPP model by central govt. & STP by state govt. requires wide promotion.
- The Home & Job concept / Turn SEZ into Economic Employment Enclave ( 3 Es ) , will be booster for economy as people will move out of Mumbai due to jobs.
The role of private Players, Developers / builders (Part 3)
- Since 2005 – 2015 ( boom period ) many developers have arranged / purchased / acquired land 10 to 500 + acres ) around Mumbai ( 100 + km range ) for the purpose of housing project , expecting very good returns / margin in near future.
- Artificial jacking of land price around 2005 – 2015, Now facing major correction.
- Approx – 5 lacs homes ready for sale / but hardly any buyers due to high cost and too far / distance of workplace.
- Year 2015 onwards the correction within construction industry taking place along with demonetization / Benami property act / RERA / GST , others.
- The investors / buyers for property have almost vanished. Investment / infra boost / showing very slow recovery OR has become as good as dead.
The Social status – for LIG citizens.
The Issues: LIG peoples ( Urban ) constitutes 50% of the population. The living conditions not as expected. Much of their time goes into working to earn and meet necessities of life. Hardly have time to spare to know / learn govt schemes. General public believe & confidence on govt. systems is still improving. Reason – Govt system takes lot of time / OR Developer charges lot of money.
The Solution: General public / LIG peoples must develop self confidence and adopt / utilize govt. policies for their betterment. Must not wait & watch for govt. body or Developers to offer suitable projects / betterments. To Organize themselves – Develop Home & JOB project . Save money and time. NGOs / CSR / Consultants / etc, can be of great help / bridge.
The role of Gruha Sankalp Sanstha & REX CON COR Consultnats Pvt. Ltd.
Our NGO in association with Rex Con Cor Consultants ( Architects & Structural Engineers / Project Management Consultants ) has proposed to provide techno legal support / Project management for Affordable housing & sustainable Job to all , Multiple projects under P. M. Awaas Yozna & P. M. Kaushal Vikas Yozna for shelter & Job to homeless families belonging to EWS – economically weaker section / LIG – Low Income Group and others. The project and scheme is being taken up under No Loss No Profit Basis, as per ULB / local body norms applicable under respective state govt. Since the LIG / affected person may not come to us , we must / need to reach them.
We need to spread above activity throughout MMR / India , For which, we are agreeable to provide / take help / support NGOs at each District level. Following are step to move on :
Spread social awareness through brochure / social media / banners about Home & JOB project at as many states & ULB as possible throughout India.
Areas: Already distributed approx 20,000 brochures in MMR / Nagpur / Konkan Region in Maharashtra and approx 10,000 brochures also in Delhi, Utter Pradesh , Rajasthan, Kolkatta , Madhya Pradesh , Bihar, etc.
The Distributors: Civil engineers / Architects / Advocates ( Unemployed after market slowdown) and Estate agents ( who became unemployed after RERA norms )
To whom: At Slums to ineligible slum dwellers ( Apatra ) , At MMR / Konkan region to land owners ( who’s land has been acquired by govt for public purpose but under dispute for years )
Information: Possibility of Home & Job within one project ( SEZ / MSSE Business hub ) at such govt land for LIG peoples.
Organizing demand: Slum dwellers ( apatra ) to make two groups 1. Kamgar co-op soc / group of similar nature workers. 2. Housing soc / group of same peoples . To contribute / collect Rs. 2000/- each towards initial expenses. To raise demand to Mhada / ULBs of their respective location.
Organize supply: The landowners to end disputes and free up land on compensation basis as per present RR payable by these demand groups.
Techno legal management: GSS & REX to provide Technical, legal , project management support and platform for all such activities. To prepare & provide township plan of such land for such peoples to respective ULB / boards / depts. etc. To try and provide online system and support for all activity throughout India.
Role of govt.: Govt agencies / ULB / Housing board to act as facilitator.
Money management: Banks / NBFC to facilitate loan and also to manage and control funds use / share. project funds to be deposited in escrow account , Income & expenses to be visible to all concerned persons / Online portal to show.
Reduce project cost: Nil initial / capital investment combined with regular payments to working agencies will reduce cost by 30%. Reduce Living cost – Production of various usable material along with dairy / vegetables / fruits /
bakery / hosiery / etc , within project by home users themselves working as self employed agencies will reduce cost by 30%.
Reduce Maintenance cost: Water storage / electricity production / waste management within project by home users themselves as self employed agencies will reduce cost by 30%.
Scope under plan: REX GSS to arrange 1500 Acres of land at MMR , To make elaborate town plan & self sustainable financial plan / model for 1 lac LIG / EWS family over next 3 years, present it to PMO & IBRD / IDA, For recognition.
Work Program / Action Plan
Basic knowledge and Works required to be done at ULB ( Urban Local Body / municipality / Block) level / District level – pan India. At each municipal / district level , every govt body provides social / financial / support for development of LIG & BPL citizens . These development works are generally run by either social development department of other related departments. Ex. Khadi & Village industries Commission is running HASTSHILP / self occupation schemes since last 60+ years.
Many information is readily available at govt website. To explore following at district level :
- To find out number of LIG / BPL citizens through govt website or other source.
- To find out job scheme being run by local govt. for LIG / BPL.
- To find out Housing scheme being run by local govt. for LIG / BPL.
- To find out affordable housing facility being provided by local govt to general private housing development.
- To find out the location / area / size of land acquired by govt. for any type of social development work.
- To find out district level / govt budget for such development schemes .
We as NGO & Town planner ( Architect + Engineer + Advocates + CA + MBA – Professionals only ) , must try / find out / know all the principles / schemes being run by govt . To find out lapses / reason of failures / Take reference from other town & city / Re – organize and make new model of the plan / better way . Make proposal and submit to govt for approval .
Basic knowledge about BPL / LIG citizens , Every town always has its share of poor people , mostly unorganized. We need to reach and meet them & get them to register for our scheme .
Improve your Knowledge part – 1
Throughout India PMAY is only providing housing , it comes under housing department. PMKVY is only providing skills , it comes under Human Resource department. PMMY is only providing loan / money , it comes under Finance department. Important part – Market for products – to be made by BPL / LIG people at project – to be created automatically / with NGO support. Help of KVIC, others will be very important & crucial.
Improve your Knowledge part – 2
All those scheme , which are being run & done by govt , generally takes too much time and carries obstacles for lower strata of people. Same can be done by any NGO – pan India , in small scale / in pockets. Thus making it faster & easily implementable.
The Action plan – part – 3
LIG Group / society of same type workers will demand govt / collector / ULB land and facilities to open small scale industry for employments and housing. Landowners to provide land for such activity. Bank to provide finances. REXGSSPMAY – To provide town planning / project management. Civil Engineers & Contractors to execute project / do construction.