REX : GSS FORECAST on construction industry SINCE 1995 – 2015 with FOCUSED - view on social Re-development.
- 1995 – We suggested / Our Prediction to make Structural Audit & Survey mandatory for buildings of 20 yrs of age or more .
Our firm started the structural survey work for societies building by 1997 till 2002 done more than 200 buildings.
After 2001 earthquake Govt. made it mandatory to do Structural Audit & Survey of all bldg’s. Over 15 yrs of age.
- 1995 – We suggested / Our Prediction to utilize TDR for redevelopment of dilapidated buildings within suburbs.
By 1997 govt. issued notification & modified the DCR allowed 1: 2 FSI to do Redevelopment of old buildings in suburbs with the use of TDR.
- 1999 – We suggested / Our Prediction to regulate the Redevelopment & System , not to allow redevelopment on top of existing old buildings.
Our firm floated redevelopment tender notice within suburbs in 2001 . This was first tender notice at newspaper by any society / PMC in suburbs. ( details at profile )
By 2003 BMC notified & stopped redevelopment on top of old bldg.
- 1999 – We suggested / Our Prediction to regulate the Redevelopment & System , with consent of majority ( 70% ) and by authorizing PMC / Architect to do process / monitoring till completion. ( Refer newspaper article with our name march - 2004 )
Since 2001 Our firm did the process of redevelopment with the consent of 80% or more. We already did more than 25 projects till 2009 .
By 2009 – MCS act 79 A was modified to add Role of PMC / Architect to do the redevelopment project / process with the consent of majority.
- 2000 – We suggested / Our Prediction to regulate the Redevelopment & System , by allowing cluster redevelopment with higher FSI .
Since 2003 - Our firm initiated the process of cluster redevelopment of 22 society / 9 society / 3 society / 11 society together with the consent of 80% or more.
By 2008 – Govt. modified the DCR to allow the cluster redevelopment project / process with the consent of 70 % majority.
- 2007- We suggested / Our Prediction to regulate the Free of FSI area for all projects.
By 2012 – Govt. modified the DCR and stopped all free of FSI area & converted / limited it to 35% Fungible area.
- 2008 – We suggested / Our Prediction to minimize the role of developer on redevelopment project by not allowing to do planning / approval , But to promote society to initiate and role of PMC to do designing / planning / approval.
Since 2003 our firm had initiated the Contract redevelopment and completed 3 buildings by 2009. Whereas members got 67% area benefit against builders offer of 30% ( photo attached at profile )
By 2013 Mhada issued incentives guideline to do self / contract Redevelopment.
- By 2015 ( expected ) UD will issue incentives guideline to do self / contract Redevelopment.EXPECTATION on Date - 11/11/2014
under new govt. rule of law. For 2015 - 2020
REX : GSS Suggestion / prediction On Date - 11/12/2014
- FSI ( Residential ) to become higher & simpler to calculate / plan / construct / use.
- FSI ( Commercial - specific Zone only ) to become higher & simpler to calculate / plan / construct / use.
- Role of BMC scrutiny to be reduced
- Role of PMC / Architect / independent third party ( technical ) to be increased
- Parking rules – ( no rules ) to construct parking area underground only
- Role of Developer – No developer to enter into BMC office for design approval
- FSI premiums to BMC – Rationalize the rate 25% of the ready recknor on FSI granted
- UD (Urban Development ) FSI - Residential .
4 FSI for Residential buildings Entire mumbai Including all funjible area / staircase – lift – passage / lobby / society office / gym ( nothing exempted ) etc. . Height limit & open spaces to be fixed . Community hall within complex fixed
- UD (Urban Development ) FSI - Commercial .
Specific Business district / zone / area only to be declared.
5 FSI for Full Commercial buildings within CBD. Entire Mumbai Including all funjible area / staircase – lift – passage. Height limit & open spaces to be fixed
- Role of BMC – To crosscheck plan & approval without going into any details inside the building. To confirm / measure the FSI area only external construction line measurements x no of floors
- R. G. area – 10% of plot area on ground to be made common for all plots above 1000 mtrs. To make available at one common place within a group of 10 or more buildings
- Road width – 30 ft to be minimum road width across all area
- Parking ;- All possible / Any nos of parking allowed but underground
- Role of Developer – Developers POA / barred / cannot be authorized for planning & approval. Except ( property is in developer name as per record - own name )
- Role of Architect / PMC – Authorised approval of Architect / PMC to BMC must after each 4 floors / 25% of building completion
- Power of attorney ( POA ) to be valid only in special cases for any construction / all works . In General case Owners must sign at all documents himself in person
- Contract / Self Re- Development – No POA to builder for design – plan – approval , ( unless owns the property in same name ) thus society can authorize only PMC / Architect thus automatically promote the contract redevelopment mode
- Premiums / charges to BMC - standard / common charge – premium 25% of ready recknor for new FSI after existing / consumed FSI
- Ready Recknor – Rates to revise downwards to be made at par / related with overall growth / average rate of 10 metropolis